My Offerings to Thee, O Wise and Powerful Internet

All the things clamouring around inside my head fighting to get out get crammed onto this page instead. Saves space where it's needed most, right?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burnaby, british columbia, Canada

everything written or spoken about a person is merely a single facet of a very complex gem that we rarely ever even get a proper glimpse of.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Rat who would be at peace, part one.

I have never given any serious thought to the idea of an animal totem before. The very notion is neither outlandish nor implausible to me, I simply haven't given it any real energy or effort.

As a moderate to heavy student of the occult and all that entails in every sense of the word, I have a few sources for determining my own connection to the animal kingdom. The zodiacs of various cultures are all associated with animals in one sense or another. My birthdate determines two possibilities at first glance.

The chinese zodiac aligns me with the rat. The more common astrological calendar of modern times lines me up with the scorpion. This last one doesn't click for the simple reason that I know nothing about the animal. In fact, even the rat is a bit of a mystery to me.

This very lack of understanding I have just confessed may very well be the catalyst to an evening of frantic research in order to enlighten myself of any possible standard or even obscure connection to the animal kingdom I bear.

I believe that the ability to connect yourself with an animal allows you in some ways to adapt a similiar mindset, simplifying your day to day existence and clarifying some tough questions or dilemmas. Although lacking in higher brain function, animals posess a simple wisdom that we as a species would do well to adopt.

I shall report all my findings as soon as they are uncovered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home