My Offerings to Thee, O Wise and Powerful Internet

All the things clamouring around inside my head fighting to get out get crammed onto this page instead. Saves space where it's needed most, right?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burnaby, british columbia, Canada

everything written or spoken about a person is merely a single facet of a very complex gem that we rarely ever even get a proper glimpse of.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the angry atheist part 1

Okay, so let's look at it this way. The Gods are not real. Not in that absolute fashion that sweet, sweet science demands. Instead they occupy the collective headspace of an entire race of crazy people. If we were to interview each individual faith-based human, they would all give us their slant, their angle of the collective idea that is man's favourite imaginary friend. It is only because these people can agree on a couple core ideas that the gods "exist" at all.
Let's go further into this concept. Specifically my case. I had two main figureheads at which I aimed the poorly-constructed weapon which was my faith: Isis and Thoth. Now, the only way I could identify with these ideas was how they related to me. Isis, symbol for motherhood, for life and love and all that other fun stuff, was the only way I could love myself. Indirectly! How cheap and dirty is that shit? To be so entrenched in the idea that unfiltered self-love was somehow wrong or weird or to be frowned upon or ANY of that shit, to be so caught up in this that the only way I could allow me to feel love from me was through an imaginary fucking friend?!? Now that's an example of a stunted mind, of a mind incapable of experiencing anything positive except through a series of filters.
the absolute truth is my only weapon, it will be the spear that pierces the heavens and brings down the gods, the land the sea the skies are ours to claim....
Never allow anything to get between you and the truth.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home