My Offerings to Thee, O Wise and Powerful Internet

All the things clamouring around inside my head fighting to get out get crammed onto this page instead. Saves space where it's needed most, right?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burnaby, british columbia, Canada

everything written or spoken about a person is merely a single facet of a very complex gem that we rarely ever even get a proper glimpse of.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

sun.

I miss the sun. There is no better way to describe how I feel right now, with music like light streaming in through the cracks of my consciousness, taunting me with memories of what the sweet seasons were like before this miserable weather staked its claim in such a pronounced and foreboding fashion. I don't mind the cold, I honestly don't. But I really do miss the sun. Maybe because I work during the day this takes away from my opportunities to take in the sun's pale rays, this glorious living god that makes his journeys across our skies every single day, journeys that now just seem like some kind of fading afterimage in my head. There's no way something so beautiful could've been real. Like I'm starting to hallucinate and this paradise I keep imagining never actually existed in the first place. Maybe it's just this job that makes me miss the brighter days, this huge prison that slowly eats at me like a pack of rats consuming from the bottom up, relentless and methodical in their work.

Until this season in hell relinguishes its grip on me, I'll just keep on dreaming of the sun, of the days that glowed and the nights that cut this beauty in chunks with surgical prescision.

Gods, how I hate this place somedays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home