My Offerings to Thee, O Wise and Powerful Internet

All the things clamouring around inside my head fighting to get out get crammed onto this page instead. Saves space where it's needed most, right?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burnaby, british columbia, Canada

everything written or spoken about a person is merely a single facet of a very complex gem that we rarely ever even get a proper glimpse of.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

tree stories (b)

Or maybe the setting's too rustic. Something more modern, perhaps?

-So tell me about these dreams you have.
(pausing to light a cigarette)
-Trees, man. The dreams are all about trees.
-Like a nightmare? Massive redwoods and oaks and pines lumbering through valleys to dismember you sort of thing?
-No, man. Nothing like that. I'm not leaving out any crucial plot elements when I say the dreams are about trees. That's literally it, man. Just trees.
-Are you seeing multiple kinds of trees? Can you identify them at all?
(takes a long drag)
-what? No, of course not. Look, my dad wasn't like in the forestry business or any obvious shit like that. I'm rooted in this city, here. Have been my whole damn life.
-Maybe that's part of it. Maybe you long to get back to nature. It could be a, you know, sub-conscious desire or something.
-I have no idea. I figured the dreams would get more interesting, but it's pretty much been trees for the last maybe five years or so.
-How often do you have these dreams?
-More or less every night, man.
-....
-....
-Weird shit, huh? Look, thanks for the drags, man.
-... No problem.

John had been in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home