My Offerings to Thee, O Wise and Powerful Internet

All the things clamouring around inside my head fighting to get out get crammed onto this page instead. Saves space where it's needed most, right?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Burnaby, british columbia, Canada

everything written or spoken about a person is merely a single facet of a very complex gem that we rarely ever even get a proper glimpse of.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

wow, don't I feel empowered!

I'm out of shame and the sensation is a strange one. I don't know when this phenomena made manifest, but at this point I don't care. There are simply too many activities I take part in that are supposed to be taboo, I no longer invest in this shame crap even on the smallest level, it's a farce from a larger perspective, the act of feeling guilty for something you love, no matter what that thing may be. I think it's something invested in us by our parents, by the environment that created us, like this shame thing is a result born of our desperate efforts at one point or another to fit in. The moments when we did not, the times when we stood out as completely out of sync with everything around us, these are the moments that give birth to the emotion known as shame. It's just too foolish to be indulging in once you come to understand exactly what creates the sensation in the first place. On a higher level of understanding, I simply have no good goddman reason to be wasting time feeling like my life and what's it's composed of is inferior or improper in regards to my peers. Pride in what i do and what I believe in, the next step up from this escape, this rebirth from the death of a society-spawned shame cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home